Home > About Fuji Xerox > Sustainability Report 2016 > Relationships with Stakeholders > Relationship with Global Environment > Integrated Recycling System > Chronology and Results
Chronology and Results
Chronology of Integrated Recycling System
- The production of products incorporating reused parts started in 1995. By now, the number of such products reached 380,000 units.
- Persons engaged in the recycling business and activities in and outside Japan gathered to discuss at a global workshop in Japan.
- Recycling treatment in South Korea, Australia, and New Zealand was localized.
- Achieved zero waste in all of Fuji Xerox's sales areas (Japan, Asia Pacific, China).
- Resource recycling system plant in China started operation.
- Increased production of DocuCentre C2100, a resource-recycled color digital multifunction device.
- Started building an integrated recycling system in China.
- Began supplying RoHS directive-compliant products.
- Resource recycling system plant in the Asia-Pacific region started operation.
- System to collect used multifunction devices and copy machines was developed and began service.
- Started using recycled plastic parts in products manufactured at the production site in China.
- Began constructing an AP integrated recycling plant in Thailand.
- System to collect used printers was developed and started operation.
- Designated a qualified industrial waste processor for recycling over a broad area by the Ministry of the Environment.
- Developed the 3R+C (Common) simultaneous design packing material.
- Activities to promote environmental initiatives headed by our suppliers.
- Publication of environmental data with the new eco label, "Product Eco Data."
- Started nationwide implementation of zero waste system for collected used products.
- Achived 50% rate of reused parts through the implementation of 3R design.
- Number of products manufactured using recycled parts exceeds 100,000.
- Started using recycled ABS plastic form collected used copy machines for new exterior covers.
- Established a new recycling line for collected used copy machines.
- Launched products that used recycled parts.
- Established a company-wide policy on product recycling.
- Estabilshed recycling system concept (product recycling).
- Established company-wide environmental policy.
Evaluations from outside of the Company
- October 2014: Fuji Xerox Taiwan received the 23rd Corporate Environment Award.
- September 2014: Fuji Xerox Korea received the President Award at the Leading Resource Recycling Enterprise Award Program 2014.
- October 2013: Fuji Xerox Taiwan received the Outstanding Performance Award at the Taoyuan Excellent Enterprise Award Program.
- November 2012: Fuji Xerox South Korea received the highest prize of Environment Secretary Award at the 17th Incheon/Gyeonggi-do Environment Awards.
- November 2010: Recycling site in Thailand received the Gold Prize in a ranking of waste management plants.
- December 2009: Recycling site in China is designated as a model electric appliances re-manufacturing company.
- October 2007: Resouce Recycling Technology and Systems Award The Industrial Science and Technology Policy and Environment Bureau Chief Award/Prize.
- April 2005 14th: Global Environment Awards Fuji Sankei Group Award.
- October 2003: Reduce, Reuse & Recycle Promotion Council Chaiman's Prize.
- April 2003 12th: Global Environment Awards Distinguished Company Award Selected by the Global Environment Council.
- April 2001 10th: Global Environment Awards Distinguished Company Award selected by the Global Environment Council.
- April 2001: Asahi Shinbun 2nd Environment for Tomorrow Prize.
- March 2001: Resource Recycling Technology and Systems Awards Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- June 1999 26th: Enviroment Awards Excellence Award.
- December 1998: Environmental Minister's Commendation for Activities to Prevent Global Warming.
- October 1998: Award for Excellency as an Advanced Office.
- April 1998: Global Environment Awards Director-General of the Science and Technology Agency's Prize.