International Resource Recycling System
To fulfill our responsibilities as a manufacturer, Fuji Xerox has been involved in building a resource recycling system that extends through the life cycle of our products. Being a global company, we also has responsibility to reduce environmental impact in our sales territories of the Asia-Pacific region and China. Led by this conviction, in December 2004, we started operating a resource recycling system in Thailand that collects used products and cartridges from the Asia-Pacific area, which are then thoroughly dismantled and separated for recycling. In January 2008, we started operating a resource recycling system in China. This operation collects used products and cartridges from throughout ChinaNote 1 and completely disassembles the collected products to sort out the recyclable from the non-recyclable parts, aiming to achieve "zero landfill," "zero pollution," and "zero illegal disposal."
In fiscal 2012, we transferred the recycling operation to our local sites in South Korea, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Note 1 Hong Kong and Macao are covered by the recycling system of the Asia-Pacific region.
Taiwan has established its own recycling system within its area because of its restrictions on the crossborder movement of electrical and electronic equipment.
Basic Principle of International Resource Recycling System Construction
In order to develop a global resource recycling network, we established the Basic Conception of Overseas Evolution in addition to our existing corporate policy on product recycling so that the relevant stakeholders will feel reassured in providing us with their cooperation in our recycling efforts.
Basic Conception of Overseas Evolution
- Control and manage factories under the manufacturer's responsibility avoiding risks
- Assure the consistent recycle quality same as in Japan
- Aim at reduction of environmental loads in each country and region
Our international resource recycling system also has Four Basic Principles to guarantee the same level of recycling quality and efficiency, so that there will not be any environmental impact in the country or region where the recycling system is in operation.
Four Basic Principles
- Collection of used products under manufacturer's responsibility prevents illegal dumping
- Not to import wastes
- Not to incur environmental impact on importing countries and regions (recycle base construction countries/regions)
- Return of merits to importing countries and regions (recycle base construction countries/regions)