Promotion of Zero Emission (at Production Sites)
To use limited resources sparingly, and to control the amount of waste produced from business activities as much as possible, at Fuji Xerox, we actively promote zero emission.
What is Zero Emission?
At Fuji Xerox, we define zero emissions *1 as " recycling all of the waste that is generated from business activities, and making there be zero simple incineration *2 or landfilling of wastes," and are making efforts to make this be realized.
- *1 Making the amount of wastes generated be zero is a technical issue, and since this may instead cause environmental impacts, we at Fuji Xerox are aiming for a recycling rate of over 99.5%.
- *2 Incineration where final disposal is not associated with heat recovery, or where it is not used as combustion improver, etc.
Basic Concept to Realize Zero Emission
In order to realize zero emission, the following 3 approaches are necessary.
- Reduce the amount of wastes generated
- Thoroughly divide wastes, and increase the waste-recycling ratio
- Give an order of priority to recycling methods so that environmental impacts can be suppressed as much as possible
Progress and Future Goals
As of the end of FY 2006, we have achieved zero emissions at all of our production and development facilities, with the exception of Fuji Xerox Eco-Manufacturing (in Thailand). At the facilities where zero emissions was achieved, our next goal is to reduce the total amount of wastes generated. We also continue to aim for zero emissions at our office locations.