About the impact on Microsoft Windows update program for the scan feature in our multifunction device
January 11, 2019
January 18, 2019
We receive the inquiries about the problem “It is not possible to access shared folders” from our customers who use Windows7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2. The problem is the one impacted by Windows update program distributed from Microsoft on January 9 2019. The calls to our contact center is busy due to this problem. We apologize the inconvenience for that.
The fixed Windows update program for the problem was released from Microsoft on January 15 2019, so we let you know it.
It is not possible to access shared folders and perform scanning (Save to PC) from our multifunction devices.
■Windows version that causes the problem
Windows7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: Impact by Windows update program (KB4480960/KB4480970)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2: Impact by Windows update program (KB4480957/ KB4480968)
■Fixed Windows update program
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: Windows update program (KB4487345）
- Windows Server 2008 SP2: Windows update program (KB4487354)
The Windows update program is not automatically distributed to your PCs, so we would like customers to apply it by customer determination.
If you have deleted (uninstalled) the Windows update program that caused this problem (KB4480960/KB4480970, KB4480957/ KB4480968), please apply the deleted update program again.
■Windows Update Program Installation Procedure
Access the URL below, and click on the “Download” button of the update program corresponding to the used OS type.Windows 7
- 32-bit version: “2019-01 Update for Windows 7 for x86-based Systems (KB4487345)”
- 64-bit version: “2019-01 Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4487345)”
- Click on the link that is displayed on the download dialogue. Save it in any folder such as the desktop of the PC.
- Double-click the update program file saved.
The message “Do you want to install the following Windows software update?” will be displayed.
- “Installation complete” will be displayed. Click “Restart Now” to restart the computer and apply the update program.