Fuji Xerox to Launch Flagship Color Multifunction Devices With New Environmental Technologies to Deliver the Top Energy-Saving Performance
New ApeosPort-IV Series Accelerates Solutions to Optimize Office Print Environment
November 15, 2010
TOKYO, November 15, 2010 — Fuji Xerox will release six new models of full-color digital multifunction device for office use on January 17, 2011; three models in the ApeosPort-IV seriesNote 1 and three models in the DocuCentre-IV seriesNote 2.
Amidst rising customer needs for CO2 emission reduction in the office environment following the April 2010 introduction of the Revised Energy Conservation Law and the Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance on Environmental Preservation, these new products accelerate Fuji Xerox solutions to optimize the document output environment by visualizing customers' print environment, implementing the optimum layout of print devices to suit actual use, and digitizing documents to reduce print volume. The solutions ultimately improve customers' business processes.
The new models have achieved:
- high productivity with the color output speed of up to 70 ppm (A4 long-edge feed, simplex) Note 3, as well as the color duplex scanning speed of 200 ppm (A4 long-edge feed) because of the color single-pass duplex scanning function, and;
- the topNote 4 energy-saving performance in its class with lower Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC)Note 5 by approx. 29 percentNote 6 (8.14 kilowatt-hour) compared to former
In addition, the new series cater to paper in the A3 full bleed in the built-in Tray 1. In conjunction with a paper cutter, users can achieve a margin-less finish, just like regular printed materials, enabling in-house production of effective sales promotion materials.
"Smart power saving technology" that enables partial power control for the first time in multifunction devices
The new ApeosPort/DocuCentre series are equipped with the new smart power saving technology, which only distributes power to areas to be actually used in the scanning unit, control panel, output unit and controller when a device recovers from the energy-saving mode. Power is not distributed to the output unit when scanning or sending a fax, resulting in saving electricity by approx. 70 percentNote 7 compared to former modelsNote 8. Also, former modelsNote 8 required around 20 seconds to become operable after the energy-saving mode was cancelled, but the optimized control of recovery allowed the new models to make it in two seconds. The technology allows users to reduce power consumption in a way that suits actual use of the machines without compromising convenience, thereby making a significant contribution to overall energy saving at the office. The fact that power is not distributed to unnecessary parts of the machines upon recovery from the energy-saving mode, also reduces start-up sound to keep office noise down.
New scanning unit that achieves both energy saving and high productivity
The scanning unit uses the power LED (light-emitting diode) lamp as its light source, and it requires approx. 77 percent less electricity while achieving the brightness equivalent to that of xenon light, used in former modelsNote 8.
aPreviously, color duplex scanning involved running the document three times within the scanner unit. However, the use of a color-capable contact image sensor for the rear-side scanning part has achieved color single-pass duplex scanning. Both sides of the document can be scanned in a single pass without contacting the sensor, allowing high-speed scanning with minimal damage to the document. Further, the newly-developed high-speed duplex image transfer technology processes scanned image data twice as fast as before.
The combination of these technologies has enabled the color duplex scan speed of 200 ppm (A4 long-edge feed), resulting in scanning productivity that outperforms former modelsNote 8 more than fivefold.
- Note 1
- ApeosPort-IV C5580 (color 50 ppm: A4 long edge feed simplex), ApeosPort-IV C6680 (color 60 ppm: A4 long edge feed simplex), ApeosPort-IV C7780 (color 70 ppm: A4 long edge feed simplex)
- Note 2
- DocuCentre-IV C5580 (color 50 ppm: A4 long edge feed simplex), DocuCentre-IV C6680 (color 60 ppm: A4 long edge feed simplex), DocuCentre-IV C7780 (color 70 ppm: A4 long edge feed simplex)
- Note 3
- With ApeosPort-IV C7780 and DocuCentre-IV C7780
- Note 4
- Compared to devices with continuous color output speed of 70 ppm
- Note 5
- TEC: The amount of power consumed over an assumed working week (five days of operation and sleep/off repeated + two days of sleep/off) for office products such as copiers and multifunction devices.
- Note 6
- Comparison with ApeosPort-III C7600 and DocuCentre-III C7600 (TEC: 11.52 kilowatt-hour)
- Note 7
- Comparison between smart power saving ON and smart power saving OFF. When a scan job is performed instead of a print job in evaluation conforming to the Energy Star standard
- Note 8
- Comparison with ApeosPort-III C7600 / C6500 (color duplex scan speed of 36 ppm: A4 long edge feed simplex)
|Product Name||List Price (¥; before tax)||Functions|
|DocuCentre-IV C5580||2,880,000||Copy, print and scan|
|DocuCentre-IV C6680||3,680,000||Copy, print and scan|
|DocuCentre-IV C7780||4,200,000||Copy, print and scan|
|DocuCentre-IV C5580 LUI||3,080,000||Copy, print and scan|
|DocuCentre-IV C6680 LUI||3,880,000||Copy, print and scan|
|DocuCentre-IV C7780 LUI||4,400,000||Copy, print and scan|
|ApeosPort-IV C5580||3,380,000||Copy, print and scan|
|ApeosPort-IV C6680||4,180,000||Copy, print and scan|
|ApeosPort-IV C7780||4,700,000||Copy, print and scan|
|ApeosPort-IV C5580 LUI||3,580,000||Copy, print and scan|
|ApeosPort-IV C6680 LUI||4,380,000||Copy, print and scan|
|ApeosPort-IV C7780 LUI||4,900,000||Copy, print and scan|
|ApeosPort-IV C7780 G4 model||5,050,000||Copy, print, fax and scan|
|ApeosPort-IV C7780 LUI G4 model||5,250,000||Copy, print, fax and scan|