Fuji Xerox Showcases Eco Solutions That Create Values for Workers at Eco-Products 2011 in Japan
December 13, 2011
TOKYO, December 13, 2011 — Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. will participate in Eco-Products 2011, one of the largest environmental exhibitions in Japan, to showcase its eco solutions that create values for office workers. The exhibition will be held at Tokyo Big Sight from December 15 to 17.
Advocating "The eco creates.", Fuji Xerox will suggest solutions that generate values out of energy saving activities. At the main stage of its booth, the company will outline the concept of "The eco creates." and solutions that embodies the concept, followed by specific environmental solutions exhibitions from three approaches:
Solution 1: Positive Workers
Solutions to encourage initiatives and vitality of workers
- The environmental burden monitoring system that displays each worker's environmental load and suggestions for improvement on a conrol panel of a multifunction device.
- Energy saving activities that achieved an energy reduction by nearly 30 percent at Fuji Xerox R&D Square; Eco managers at each department took initiatives to discuss appropriate energy-saving measures based on the energy consumption data.
Solution 2: Active Office
Solutions to create a pleasant office environment where workers can improve productivity and efficiency
- New full-color digital multifunction devices, ApeosPort-IV C3375 series, which have realized almost no waiting time for recovery from the sleep mode, thereby achieving eco-friendliness without sacrificying convenience and comfort for the first time.
- Software and consultation services that control and reduce environmental load; for example, monitoring the operation status of the print devices on the network and automatically setting the optimum transition time to switch to the sleep mode
Solution 3: Creative Link
Solutions to enhance creative collaboration among workers
- SkyDesk, a public cloud-based business communication support service, which facilitates a free and ecological approach to work transcending corporate boundaries.
- Working Folder, a cloud-based document management service, which streamlines work processes and contributes to eco-friendliness by enabling users to freely access documents wherever they are, either at or away from their offices.
At the Kids Corner, Fuji Xerox will hold a class where children can learn about forests and the environment, and create their own craftwork such as New Year's greeting cards using forest thinnings.