Fuji Xerox Launches Affordable Color Multifunction Device Catering to SOHO/SMB Needs in Asia-Pacific Markets Including China
DocuCentre SC2020 Makes Color Printing Accessible
May 28, 2014
SINGAPORE, May 28, 2014 — Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. announced the launch of DocuCentre SC2020, an A3 color multifunction device targeting small-office-home-offices (SOHO) and small-and medium-sized businesses (SMB), especially targeting current users of monochrome products. Affordable yet equipped with Fuji Xerox's long-standing color printing technologies, this product is available across the Asia-Pacific marketsNote1 including China.
DocuCentre SC2020 is an A3 color multifunction device developed specifically for the SOHO/SMB markets with color print/copy speed of 20 pages per minute (ppm)Note2. By equipping with features that meet the needs of these markets together with the capability to make high-resolution color prints, Fuji Xerox aims to expand its lineup with this product to meet the growing A3 low-end color printing markets across Asia Pacific and China.
High color print quality in a compact body
DocuCentre SC2020, while being compact in size to fit in SOHO/SMB offices, produces high-resolution prints at 1,200 x 2,400 dots per inch (dpi), creating smooth black lines and character outlines.
To realize this high print quality, DocuCentre SC2020 features a new light emitting diode (LED) print head equipped with the newly developed self-scanning light emitting device—the Current Confinement Self-Scanning Light Emitting Device— which incorporates Fuji Xerox's proprietary laser scanning technology, Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser (VCSEL). With the Current Confinement Self-Scanning Light Emitting Device, the volume of light it emits is efficiently increased by controlling and confining the light current's pathways, which enables the LED print head to effectively emit light equivalent to the higher models, thereby contributing to high-resolution prints, yet saving energy. Furthermore, DocuCentre SC2020's LED print head size has been reduced by incorporating the downsizing technology used in Fuji Xerox's small A4 printers.
The product also helps users achieve improved screen-to-print accuracy with digitally-processed 2,400 dpi high-resolution data enabled by the Image Registration Control Technology (IReCT).
Convenient features for SOHO/SMB
DocuCentre SC2020 has selected features that are convenient for the SOHO/SMB users, on top of basic copying, printing, faxingNote3 and scanning.
- Both sides of an ID card or a two-page document can be printed out side by side on a single side of a sheet of paper to save paper and for easy reference.
- Fax process can be streamlined by enabling users to send files by fax directly from their computers and configure the device to upload received faxes to a server or send them to registered email addresses, thereby reducing paper wastage.
- With its simple user interface, DocuCentre SC2020 helps users perform desired functions without hassle or confusion. The 4.3 inch color touch screen panel leads users through operations, such as copying double-sided ID cards or removing paper jams, with step-by-step directions.
Supports mobile printing and scanning
DocuCentre SC2020 provides direct printing from iOS or AndroidNote4 mobile devices for those users who wish to print web pages or photographs without having to print through a personal computer. The user can also export documents scanned by DocuCentre SC2020 to smart mobile devices via wireless local area network.
Print and scan speeds that boost business productivity
DocuCentre SC2020 helps boost business productivity with its print/copy speeds of 20 ppm for both monochrome and color, and scan speedsNote5 of 24 ppm for monochrome and 19 ppm for color. In addition, DocuCentre SC2020 features continuous printing capabilities of up to 999 pages per job and efficient scanning with the 110-page Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (DADF)Note6 to meet the requirements of heavy-duty users.
DocuCentre SC2020 enables users to reduce toner consumptionNote7, calibrating toner density in three settings of Light, Lighter and Lightest, based on individual print requirements. Further, the product has a low typical electricity consumption (TEC)Note8 of 1.2 kilowatt-hour (kWh) and consumes 1.4 watts in sleep mode, which is the state that printers spend most of their time in.
According to the Company's study, the projected market growth of 11-20 ppm A3 color multifunction devices from 2012 to 2015 is near 10 percent for the Asia-Pacific markets and more than 10 percent for the China market. With DocuCentre SC2020, Fuji Xerox aims to capture this market growth opportunity and contribute to the business efficiency SOHO/SMB customers.
Asia-Pacific regions including China
- Note1 Excluding Japan.
- Note2 With A4 long edge fed paper (LEF). The speed may be reduced due to image quality adjustment and print performance can be varied depending on the type of paper used.
- Note3 Optional.
- Note4 Print Utility for iOS and Print Utility for Android can be downloaded from App Store and Google Play, respectively.
- Note5 With Fuji Xerox standard paper (A4 LEF) at 200dpi. Scanning speed varies depending on the documents.
- Note6 DADF has the capacity to be loaded with up to 110 sheets of 80 grams per square meter (gsm) paper.
- Note7 Toner reduction varies depending on data being printed.
- Note8 Typical Electricity Consumption: Energy Conservation Center's standard compliant with the International ENERGY STAR Program, representing the amount of electricity consumed in a conceptual week (five days of operation and sleep/off repeated, plus two days of sleep/off).
- Note Xerox, Xerox and Design, as well as Fuji Xerox and Design are registered trademarks or trademarks of Xerox Corporation in Japan and/or other countries.
- Note IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- Note The App Store is a service, offered by Apple Inc., which allows download of application software made for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Note Android is the trademark of Google Inc.
- Note Google Play is the trademark of Google Inc.