Fuji Xerox Enhances Scan Translation Service to Boost Translation Work Efficiency
The Cloud Service Now Links With DocuWorks Desk and Translates Microsoft® Office Documents
January 29, 2015
TOKYO, January 29, 2015 – Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. has today added two new features to enhance the operability and convenience of its cloud-based machine translation service–the Scan Translation ServiceNote1. The Service now links to DocuWorks DeskNote2 – the interface for the Company's document handling software DocuWorks–, as well as newly providing translation of Microsoft® Office documents.
Improved operability through linkage with DocuWorks Desk
DocuWorks Desk will function as an access window to the Scan Translation Service. Users can send translation requests and view the translated results both on their DocuWorks Desk with a simple drag and drop operationNote3Note4.
Not only can users have documents on their DocuWorks Desk translated with the Scan Translation Service, they can also have multiple documents on one's PC translated in a lump via their DocuWorks Desk. This seamless linkage between a user's PC desktop to the cloud facilitates access to the Scan Translation Service.
Enhanced convenience by translating Microsoft® Office documents
Word and PowerPoint documentsNote5Note6can now be translated on the Scan Translation Service, in addition to PDF and DocuWorks documents. Word and PowerPoint documents can be translated through interfaces such as Web browsers and DocuWorks Desk, and the translated results can be received in the same file format. This allows users to directly edit the translated Word and PowerPoint documents, thereby boosting efficiency in re-editing to make more precise translations.
Scan Translation Service
Enabling faster understanding of documents in foreign languages through the cloud, Scan Translation Service facilitates global communications by streamlining the translation process when users need to grasp the gist of a document written in a foreign language to determine its importance or urgency, or to facilitate communications between people who speak different languages.
- Note1 As the service is based on machine translation, the translation results may not be as accurate as user require. However, the translation accuracy can be improved by refining the dictionary, and it is recommended to customize the dictionaries.
- Note2 User interface for handling various types of DocuWorks documents. DocuWorks Desk displays thumbnail images of various documents for easy handling.
- Note3 Requires DocuWorks 7.3 Japanese Edition or DocuWorks 8 Japanese Edition.
- Note4 Requires DocuWorks Extended Folder for Scan Translation Service (free-of-charge).
- Note5 Supports Word 2007 format (file extensions .docx and .docm) and PowerPoint 2007 format (file extensions .pptx and .pptm).
- Note6 Translated results in Word and PowerPoint documents do not cope with Ruby-style Translation in which the translated text is added above the original text.
- Note Xerox, Xerox and Design, as well as Fuji Xerox and Design are registered trademarks or trademarks of Xerox Corporation in Japan and/or other countries.
Mass Media Contacts
For reporters with an inquiry about Fuji Xerox
For customers with an inquiry about our products or services