Fuji Xerox Wins Chairman's Prize for Four High-Speed Digital Color Multifunction Devices in the Energy Conservation Grand Prize
January 28, 2016
Industry First to Win the Prize 13 Times
TOKYO, January 28, 2016 - Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. has won the Chairman's Prize, the Energy Conservation Center, Japan (ECCJ) in the 2015 Energy Conservation Grand Prize for Excellent Energy Conservation EquipmentNote 1 for four office-use digital full-color multifunction devices - two ApeosPort-V Series modelsNote 2 and two DocuCentre-V Series modelsNote 3. The prize was given in recognition of both the user-friendliness as well as for their reduced power consumption, which has been cut to about 30 percent of the standard values set under the International ENERGY STAR Program.
Fuji Xerox has won the prize for the 13th time, which is an industry record.
Features of the Prize-Winning Products
The four prize-winning models provide not only high-quality print outputs, which is a valued feature in high-speedNote 4 color multifunction devices, but are also energy-saving and user friendly. Specifically, these models are equipped with the Smart WelcomEyes Advance 2 technologyNote 5, which automatically starts the machines from sleep mode when it detects a user. This combined with the induction heating (IH) fusing technology for fast recovery from sleep mode shortens the startup waiting time. The models are also equipped with a low-noise light-emitting diode (LED) printhead as well as a technology to automatically optimize the transfer voltage. Through the combined adoption of these unique technologies, the models' power consumption has been reduced to about 30 percent of the standard Typical Electric Consumption (TEC) valuesNote 6 set under the International ENERGY STAR Program.
Fuji Xerox's Efforts in Developing Energy-Saving Products
Under the RealGreen concept, Fuji Xerox is pursuing technology/product development with a view to reducing the impact of its products on the global environment through measures such as energy conservation while at the same time providing customers with greater value, including better comfort and convenience. Products developed based on this concept were winners of the Chairman's Prize in the 2012 Grand Prize for Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Conservation.
The four models that have won the 2015 prize are also energy-saving and easy-to-use products developed based on the same concept. Fuji Xerox will continue to pursue the reduction of global environmental impacts by its products while also providing customers with user-friendliness through the development of new technologies and products.
- Note 1 The Energy Conservation Grand Prize for Excellent Energy Conservation Equipment (Energy Conservation Grand Prize) is held by the ECCJ with support from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan.
- Note 2 ApeosPort-V C7776/C6676 PFS-PC
- Note 3 DocuCentre-V C7776/C6676 PFS-PC
- Note 4 For A4 and B4, both in landscape orientation, continuous print speed of 65 to 70 pages per minute
- Note 5 Smart WelcomEyes Advance 2 consists of a camera mounted on a multifunction device that detects the direction in which the toes of a person approaching the machine are pointing in order to determine whether that person will use the machine or not. In the event of a positive determination, the technology automatically wakes the machine from sleep mode.
- Note 6 The amount of power consumed by office equipment such as printers/copiers over a conceptual week (five days of operation and repeated sleep-mode/power-off, plus two days of sleep mode/power-off)
- Note Xerox, Xerox and Design, as well as Fuji Xerox and Design are registered trademarks or trademarks of Xerox Corporation in Japan and/or other countries.