Releasing Cloud Service for Mobile Devices That Enables Offline Use of Office 365 and G Suite
With Proprietary Encryption Technology, SkyDesk Secure Mobile View Realizes Secure Use of Email, Schedule and Documents
March 15, 2017
TOKYO, March 15, 2017 - To help business people work efficiently and flexibly, Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. today releases SkyDesk Secure Mobile View, a service that retrieves and encrypts information from cloud groupware, Office 365 or G Suite (Google Apps for Work), and pushes it to its dedicated mobile app.
To realize an easy access to information while guaranteeing security, Fuji Xerox has developed a proprietary technology (Mobile Confidential Viewing), which encrypts information that is stored in the cloud and sends it with push distribution to mobile devices. With this technology, users are not required to enter a password every time they connect to the network to check emails and so on. Using the designated applicationNote 1, they can work offline on email, schedule and Microsoft Office as well as PDF documents, allowing them to go online only when sending out files or downloading new content.
As information is automatically distributed and stored on devices, users can keep working even in out-of-service areas including basement, remote area or transportation up to two hours. After two hours, with the security function kicking in, files will become locked, even in the offline environment. Since all encrypted information sent to the terminal can be opened only on it, this mechanism prevents encrypted information from being viewed by someone else in case it is sent to other devices, thus guaranteeing security.
<Screenshots of mobile application>
Data during a specified periodNote 2 can be viewed on the mobile application.
Functionality for administrators includes limiting operations and checking operational history. For example, an administrator can specify certain domainsNote 3 for sending and receiving emails. Also, as the operational history can be recorded and viewed with global positioning system information, it is possible to identify potential risks concerning certain device, such as information leakage. In case of missing a device, the admin tool remotely can suspend it and lock the application on it. Also, it can erase data on the device by deleting registered account. Thus, the tool not only maintains security but also keeps records for reporting accidents such as losing a device as well as actions taken to address them.
<Screenshots of information available for administrators>
As society faces the need to transform the traditional working style, it is increasingly important to develop an environment where people can work anywhere regardless of which information devices they use. SkyDesk Secure Mobile View service helps people work more flexibly. While improving its own staff's productivity, Fuji Xerox strives to contribute to solving issues its customers face when trying to change their way of working.
- Note 1 The application, SkyDesk Secure Mobile View is downloadable from App Store or Google Play.
Compatible OS: iOS 9.x / 10.x, Android™ 4.4.x / 5.0.x / 5.1.x
Please see the website for the latest information as to recommended operational environment and applicable formats.
- Note 2 Types of viewable data and the viewable time period:
- Email: viewable up to one month back
- Schedule: for three months that include the previous, the current and following
- Contacts: unlimited
- Folder/file: up to one month back
- Note 3 Setting domains for sending/receiving emails will be applicable for all users
|Fee types||List price (before tax)|
|Initial registration fee||50,000 yen (per tenantNote 4)|
|Monthly fee||800 yen/month/account|
|Fee for change||10,000 yen for reducing the number of accounts, terminating the service|
- Note 4 Tenant is equivalent to Office 365 tenant, which is the unit of service introduced.
- Note Xerox, Xerox and Design, as well as Fuji Xerox and Design are registered trademarks or trademarks of Xerox Corporation in Japan and/or other countries.
- Note Android, Google Apps for Work, Chrome, G Suite are trademarks or registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Note iPhone, iPad, iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries.
- Note The trademark of iPhone is used under the license of AIPHONE Co., Ltd.
- Note App Store, which is operated by Apple Inc., is the name of the service that enables users to download application software for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Note Microsoft Edge, Windows, Internet Explorer, and Office 365 are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation registered in the US and other countries.
- Note Other names of services and products mentioned in this press release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the companies that provide the service/products.