Skip to main content
- Fuji Photo Film and Rank Xerox establish Fuji Xerox as a joint venture, capitalized at 200 million yen (equity ratio: 50/50). (photo)
- Launches the Fuji Xerox 914.
- Enters the Philippines market, and later establishes a joint venture or appoints agents in other AP regions.
- Launches Beautiful Campaign
- Acquires Takematsu Plant and Iwatsuki Plant from Fuji Photo Film and Iwatsuki Kohki, respectively, to establish an integrated manufacturing and sales organization. (photo)
- Ebina Plant begins operations.
- Increases capitalization to 10 billion yen.
- Establishes The Setsutaro Kobayashi Memorial Fund.
- Establishes Fuji Xerox Office Supply Co., Ltd.
- Establishes sales subsidiaries in major prefectures in Japan with local capital, and later expands to comprise a nationwide network.
- Receives The Deming Prize in recognition for its excellence in quality control. (photo)
- Enters the education field
- Establishes Corporate Research Lab at Ebina Plant
- Establishes Suzuka Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. (photo)
- Establishes Fuji Xerox Distribution Co., Ltd.
- Establishes Fuji Xerox Information System Co., Ltd.
- Establishes Fuji Xerox Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Introduces the New Work Way program.
- Establishes Fuji Xerox Career Net Co., Ltd., MCM Asia Pacific Co., Ltd. and Fuji Xerox System Service Co., Ltd.
- Establishes Fuji System Brain Co., Ltd. and Protex Co., Ltd. under the venture business program.
- Establishes Fuji Xerox General Business, Co., Ltd.
- Begins Social Service Program.
- Acquires management and property rights of four Asia-Pacific countries from Rank Xerox.
- Establishes Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. in Singapore to consolidate operations in the AP region.
- Introduces The Document Company concept.
- Jointly with Xerox Corporation, establishes Xerox International Partners to sell low-end printers in North America and Europe.
- Establishes Hasu Club to promote social welfare using money donated from employees' salaries.
- Establishes FX Palo Alto Laboratory, Inc. in California.
- Re-enters the Vietnamese market after 19 years absence.
- Begins production of large textbooks for the visually impaired.
- Introduces new corporate logo.
- Establishes Corporate Research Laboratories at Nakai. (photo)
- Establishes a printer manufacturing subsidiary in Shenzhen, China.
- Begins incorporation of recycled parts to a production line with an aim to achieve zero-waste. (photo)
- All domestic plants acquire ISO 14000.
- Acquires full ownership of Fuji Xerox Korea Co., Ltd.
- Establishes a photoreceptor drum manufacturing plant in Shenzhen Plant.
- Develops privilege-based authentication system, DDSA.
- Wins the Minister's Award for Activities That Protect Against Global Warming" from the Environmental Agency.
- Strengthens corporate governance by introducing corporate officers management.
- Acquires Sony Tektronix Corporation's printing business and establishes Phaser Printing Japan Co., Ltd.
- Acquires Nippon Carbide Industries Company's chemical toner business and establishes new plant in Toyama. (photo)
- Establishes AccessTicket Systems Inc.
- Achieves resource recycling rate of 99.97% through zero-waste system established nationwide.
- Acquires China/Hong Kong Operations from Xerox Corporation.
- Consolidated to Fuji Photo Film Group with equity increase to 75% owned by Fuji Photo Film and 25% by Xerox Corporation.
- Acquires laser printer business from NEC Corporation
- Establishes Fuji Xerox Printing Systems Co., Ltd. (currently Fuji Xerox Printing Systems Sales Co., Ltd.) and Niigata Fuji Xerox Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Announces Smart Work Gateway, Fuji Xerox's new concept that supports diverse workstyles to enable business people to perform their utmost capability
- Consolidates Fujifilm's and Fuji Xerox's inkjet digital press sales functions to FUJIFILM Digital Press Co., Ltd.
- Announces Smart Work Innovation: Fuji Xerox's value proposition strategy in the AI/IoT era to help businesses improve competitiveness
- Establishes Future Edge: an open innovation hub to transform customers' communication businesses utilizing printing technologies
- Note Please note that the linked pages on this page are subject to be shut down without notice.