Overview of Quality Assurance Activities
Overview of Quality Assurance Activities – Aiming to improve total quality over the entire product lifecycle –
To deliver high-quality products and services to customers, Fuji Xerox adopts a method of “phase management” in which we perform reliable quality assurance from the customers’ perspective by setting conditions that must be met for each phase of product delivery.
Meanwhile, in our quality management activities aimed at boosting the quality of business functions, Fuji Xerox implements a Quality Settlement review each fiscal year to ascertain customer satisfaction, and incorporates the results in our quality assurance policy and quality goals for the following fiscal year.
By continuing these activities, we strive to boost the company’s overall quality assurance level.
Organization-wide “Quality Management Actions”
To conform to the basic policies on quality assurance and achieve our goals, we conduct Quality Management Actions that focus on maintaining and bolstering the level of our quality assurance activities in an integrated manner. This activity is the base of our Quality Assurance Actions by Step for product provision activities.
There are six functions in our Quality Management Actions.
- Quality Strategy/Plan: This function manages the policies for improving the quality of products and business functions, and also sets and disseminates the mid-ranged and annual quality targets.
- Quality Assurance Organization: This function assigns a corporate officer to be in charge of quality assurance, organizes Quality Review Meetings, and establishes and manages organizations to promote quality assurance.
- Quality Assurance Education: This function educates all employees about quality and improves employees’ problem solving skills through special training targeting each field.
- Quality System Standardization: This function establishes and disseminates common rules, and also organizes, disseminates, maintains, and improves the business standards suitable for each business or the product characteristics.
- Quality Settlement: This function confirms whether the work process is established within the product providing organization, evaluates how much the product conforms to the Quality Assurance Policies and meets the targets, and aims to continuously improve the Quality Assurance Activity Level to achieve our goals.
- Quality System Audit: This function conducts activities to improve the quality assurance activities, monitors⁄audits whether the prevention measure and recurrence prevention activities are established and implemented, and performs auditing of systems when unexpected situations occur.
Quality Settlement System
The Quality Settlement System is a system that aims at boosting the total quality assurance level through the following activities conducted by Fuji Xerox and our affiliated companies.
- Identifying the differences that exist between strategies/plans (including policies and targets) and the actual results
- Evaluating the progress in Quality Assurance Activity Level over time and whether the quality of the product and business function conforms to the basic policies on quality assurance and meets the targets set in each organization
- Clarifying the problems related to quality assurance and the person in charge of handling the problems
- Reflecting the outcomes in the strategies for next year to improve product quality and total quality assurance performance