Company Internal Activities
Monozukuri Realizing Universal Design
First, we confirm what is necessary to satisfy our customers by collecting customer feedback provided to our company and by visiting our customers' facilities.
Next, we investigate designs which are both easy-to-use and esthetically pleasing. These designs themselves are tested first-hand by performing operations from a wheelchair while adhering to various internal guidelines that are linked to and reflecting ISO and JIS standards.
Finally, following the development and design stage, the product is commercialized after evaluating the ease of use through usability tests.
Booth Introducing Our Universally Designed Products
In Fuji Xerox R&D Square (located in Minatomirai, Yokohama), our research and development facility which started operation in 2010, we setup a booth introducing our universally designed products in 2011 (the joint customer laboratory on the third floor lobby). We propose universal design to our customers utilizing this booth alongside our employees with disabilities.
Universal Design Consideration in R&D Square
Fuji Xerox R&D Square utilizes the concepts of universal design in its construction and facilities. Some of these innovations are introduced below.
Basic Policies for Employing People with Disabilities at Fuji Xerox
Diversity is the source of competitive strength of a company.
We aim to be a company where people with and without disabilities work in the same manner by reflecting the "Consideration for Diversity," which we practice in the "Commentary of the Shared Values" of our shared values.
- We will approve the purpose of normalization Note 1 and build an applicable environment.
- We will build a working environment and organizational atmosphere where able-bodied people and people with disabilities are actively involved and work in the same manner.
- To promote the employment of people with disabilities, we value the cooperation of All-FX in addition to the independent activities of Fuji Xerox as well as its sales companies and affiliates.
- Note 1 Normalization: A social philosophy related to social welfare that began in countries of northern Europe in the 1960s. This philosophy considers a society where people with disabilities and able-bodied people live equally without any special distinction between them as a normal society, or the aim to realize such a society.
|Ratio of employees with disabilities for Fuji Xerox (Unconsolidated) in 2015||2.09%|
|Ratio of employees with disabilities Fuji Xerox, its sales companies and affiliates in 2015||2.18%|
|Average length of employment of people with disabilities for Fuji Xerox (Unconsolidated) in 2015||18.47 years|
At Fuji Xerox, its sales and affiliated companies, we aim to build a working environment and organizational atmosphere where able-bodied people and people with disabilities are actively involved and work in the same manner.
Currently, the work fields of people with disabilities are various; such as in sales, development, manufacturing, SE, customer service engineers, and support staff, where people with disabilities and able-bodied people work alongside one another with the same roles. Furthermore, people with disabilities are employed at each location around the country from districts in Tokyo, Tohoku, and Kanto to Chubu, Kansai, and Kyushu.
In consideration of people with disabilities, the situation for each disability is acknowledged by linking the human resource department, medical advisors, and direct management and an appropriate working environment are introduced.
For example, a sign language interpreter and support such as transcriptions are provided for vital meetings such as at policy informing meetings for people requiring informational supportNote 2. Periodic counseling by medical advisors and hygienists are also available.
In the future, we will work to improve our other facilities by utilizing activities, such as through the universal design of the R&D Square, based on the opinions of people with disabilities when designing environments, such as understanding the workplace and its equipment.
Fuji Xerox, its sales companies and affiliated companies will further strengthen employment activities aiming to clear the 2% employment rate from the perspective of adhering to the law, based on the basic policy for employing people with disabilities.
- Note 2 Informational support is the provision of information using alternative means for people who cannot obtain the information due to a disability.