Participating in the UN Global Compact
Features of Fuji Xerox Activities
Fuji Xerox supports the United Nations Global Compact and became a signatory in fiscal 2002. We and our affiliates view the principles of the UN Global Compact as fundamental to our own CSR values and applied these principles in the fiscal 2007 revision of our Code of Conduct. We also present the principles to our suppliers as a key requirement for ethical procurement.
In fiscal 2008, Fuji Xerox became a signatory to the Global Compact CEO Statement, thus announcing, "We also reiterate our own commitment to respect and support human rights within our sphere of influence. Human rights are universal and are an important business concern all over the globe."
In recognition of the commitment of Fuji Xerox top management and the company's proactive measures in relation to the Global Compact, Fuji Xerox was nominated as a UN Global Compact LEAD company in fiscal 2010. (Currently, there are 51 such companies throughout the world.)
- Note The UN Global Compact details 10 universally accepted core principles for CSR in the areas of human rights, labour, environment, and anticorruption, with signatories required to take proactive steps toward achieving these goals.
Fiscal 2013 Performance
The following are the main activities Fuji Xerox conducted in fiscal 2013 as a UN Global Compact LEAD company.
- Toshio Arima, former Fuji Xerox president, participated in the UN Global Compact, including its Leaders Summit in New York, as a board member and managed the Global Compact Japan Network (GC-JN) as its chairman of the board. (GC-JN currently comprises some 190 companies and organizations).
- Supported the UN Global Compact Office in New York and the GC-JN by seconding employees.
- Participated in the UN Global Compact LEAD Symposium held in Tokyo and discussed setting corporate sustainability goals.
- Participated in the Human Rights Due Diligence Working Group and the Human Rights Education Working Group and discussed ideal forms of human rights initiatives.
Fiscal 2014 Initiatives
Fuji Xerox will participate in and contribute to the spread and expansion of the UN Global Compact as a platform for learning about best practices in CSR worldwide and developing partnerships with multi-stakeholders. We will join hands with other UN Global Compact LEAD companies to drive CSR forward internationally and will deepen the discussion of global priority issues in the post-2015 Development Agenda. Through these efforts, we will aim to provide global leadership in implementing the UN Global Compact's 10 principles.